|The Methodist Church - South Molton and Ringsash Circuit|
Ashreigeny Methodist Chapel, or Zion, as it was widely known, was built in 1906, to replace the original chapel, as that one was, at that time, too small. After some 111 years of wonderful witness to the community, it has become too large a responsibility for current members to maintain and comply with modern standards, requirements and expectations. The closing service was held on October 29th 2017.
However, the worshippers continue to meet in the Village Hall at 9.30 a.m. on Sundays. They offer a diet of experimental meetings, such as Cafe Church, when tea, coffee, cake or even bacon sarnies may be available as well as more traditional services, in a more relaxed atmosphere, and a warm welcome is extended to anyone who might like come to share with them and see what we do!
Two other regular activities are:
On the afternoon of the 3rd Thursday of each month - Home Fellowship
On the morning of the 1st Saturday of each month in the Village Hall - "Saturday Market" at which the chapel has a stall every month
The annual Carol Service is still held in December, and is well attended as is also the annual Old Christmas Day concert on January 6th, which will continue to be held.
We continue to value our active part in the extended South Molton and Ringsash Methodist Circuit and the support from other Churches and our committed team of Ministers and Preachers and look forward to a long and thriving future.